Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Give Me A Break Please

It's official, everything is racist and everybody is a racist. It seems that there is no end to this crap! For me this story is the straw that breaks the camel's back. Basketball star LeBron James is on the cover of the latest Vogue Magazine with model Gisele Bundchen. (You know Tom Brady's girlfriend, that lucky S.O.B.) It seems some are of the opinion that the shot is set up to make him appear as King Kong with the helpless blonde in his clutches. I have even seen it reported that Gisele has a look of terror on her face. Really? Looking at the photo, I see an intense LeBron with a basketball and a Smiling Gisele. I guess that I was blinded by racism or MAYBE IT IS JUST A PICTURE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! We will never get past this issue as a Nation or race (by that I mean the Human Race) until we end this kind of B.S. There are real concerns about race that need to have a dialogue. This is definitely not one of them. If you are looking for something hard enough, you can wind up creating your own reality. Looking up at the clouds, I have imagined many things but never thought they were real. It's like Freud said; "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Sometimes a picture is just a picture. Take a look and decide for yourself.

No comments: