Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Secret Life Of Hillary Clinton

Is it just me or does Hillary Clinton remind you of a character from James Thurber's short story "The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty" ? The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs." Yep, that sound like our Hillary. Politicians have always played hide and go seek with the truth throughout history but the "Hill-in-ator" has taken it to a whole new level with her claims of being "under fire" in Bosnia. This is not the first example Of Senator Clinton's imaginary accomplishments. The Senator also claims that she had a direct role in bringing peace to Northern Ireland in 1998 when all evidence is to the contrary. What I do not understand is why news like this does not have a greater impact on the polls. After all it is a complete fabrication except for the fact that she visited those countries. I visited Ontario Canada once. Does that allow me to claim that I went over the Falls in a barrel? I think not. Say there Madame Senator, didn't you invent the INTERNET? Wait a minute, that was Al Gore. Using Senator Clinton's logic, I can now claim that I have the most magnificent Blog on the planet. Of course if I am proved wrong I can always say that I "misspoke".

No comments: