Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Was Born In A Small Town

OK, I misspoke. I was actually born in a large city but that's besides the point. However I am working class, so am I also bitter? Before I slam the Senator and Democratic Presidential hopeful Barack Obama, lets take a look at his comments from a few days ago: "You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothings replaced them.And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not."
"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." I am not going to jump on Senator Obama about this. I am far more concerned about his close ties to domestic terrorists, special interest big money, and people who hate America. I believe that Obama truly did misspeak when he said; "they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." When I take it in the context of his entire speech, I do not think that he meant to offend, or is "elitist" as Senator Clinton has suggested. Obama's comments do reveal a few unsurprising things. He is a Liberal Democrat and what you can expect from him is higher taxes, more Government spending, liberal immigration policies, opposition to the provisions of the Second Amendment, and a Secular Progressives agenda in terms of religion. I do not think anybody should be offended by Obama's comments. If his politics offend you, then don't vote for him. Now if you will excuse me, I have to grab my gun because I am headed to church. Just kidding.

Related Stories:

Reached My Limit

No comments: