Sunday, April 13, 2008

Reached My Limit

As I have stated in previous articles, I have tried to maintain an open mind with regard to Senator and Presidential Candidate Barack Obama. I genuinely like the man, although our politics and beliefs are too different to obtain my vote. That said, I did not slam him about Reverend Wright's controversial comments or some of his wife's statements. I did not take the cheap shot at the Senator over his "typical white person" comment even though I realize how differently the situation would have been if roles were reversed. I only struck a glancing blow when Hanoi Jane Fonda endorsed him. I realize that by and large the media has hit him with "soft punches". All of my restraint was due to the my belief that enough forces would be working against the man just because of what he represents. And like I said, I like the man. The gloves have to come off now. Obama's connection with William Ayers who was once a member of the Weather Underground, a terrorist group that bombed the Capitol, the Pentagon and the State Department in the 1970s has raised some serious concerns. In the interest of fairness, Ayers was never convicted due to the technicality of the FBI mishandling evidence.
Ayers has said publicly; “People ask, ‘Do you regret anything you did against the government in those days?’ And my answer is: no, I don’t.” I think that pretty much sums up what kind of man he is. At this time I will not examine the argument surrounding just how involved Obama has been with regard to Ayers, for I am more concerned about the emerging pattern. Obama it seems, keeps the company of those who hate their Country and his many explanations to this fact fall short. If you really expect us to believe you had no idea about their beliefs, feelings, or politics after so much time, then Sir you are not fit to be our President.

Please also read: "We Did Not Hate Our Country"

No comments: