Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just A Friendly Reminder

The Navy has added a second aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf. I am not really surprised given Iran's refusal to halt their Nuclear program and unwillingness to stop aiding insurgents in Iraq. Given the Navy's confrontation last week with small Iranian boats, it seems like the logical course of action. Iran is becoming more aggressive, and the time has come to confront the danger that they represent to the World. In "Too Great A Danger", I stated that a nuclear armed Iran is completely unacceptable. The rest of the Countries in the World will most likely not support us, and many will condemn us. Most of them know however, that Iran is a very big threat, but why should they stick their necks out when the good old USA will take care of it. Secretary Of Defense Robert Gates said "This deployment has been planned for a long time, "I don't think we'll have two carriers there for a protracted period of time. So I don't see it as an escalation. I think it could be seen, though, as a reminder." Gates refused further comment or explanation. Even though Gates denied that it was an escalation, I think the message is clear. Iran had better start to rethink it's policies. I remember the same cat an mouse games with Iraq for years before we went in, twice.

No comments: