Saturday, April 12, 2008

Madman Across The Water

The Blog that I created to share my views on important issues and relieve some stress is giving me high blood pressure. I am nothing less than outraged over stories like this one. Legendary singer Elton John gave a concert last week and raised 2.5 million dollars for Hillary Clinton's Presidential Campaign. In addition, Sir Elton enlightened us with his thoughts on American politics; “I’ve always been a Hillary supporter. There is no-one more qualified to lead America”. Now Sir Elton scolds us; “I’m amazed by the misogynistic attitudes of some of the people in this country. And I say to hell with them." I explained my contempt for celebrity endorsements in my article "Hanoi Jane Endorses Obama", but Elton's comments were "too low for zero". Celebrity or not, Elton John is not even an American Citizen. So Shut the hell up and sing those "sad songs that say so much", because the First Amendment does not apply to you. Was the "bitch is back" on the set list? In Elton John's defense, I love him. I have 35-40 of his Cd's. His music has been an important part of my life since I was young, and I consider him to be one of my three favorite artists. The true blame lies with a society that gives celebrities like Elton the motivation to stick their "big duck-suited bills" into politics. They would not be as likely to speak if no one was listening. Going to see an Elton John concert is cool, but if he is influencing your vote, you're an idiot. I guess that's why they call it the blues. God Bless you Reg.

No comments: