Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday The 13th

See now I reminded you along with myself that today is Friday the 13th. I can remember as far back as my school years, that I would always forget that it was Friday the 13th until late in the day when someone reminded me. Then for the remainder of the day I would have to be concerned with bad luck. So do you believe in this silly superstition? Obviously many people do. Donald Dossey, founder of the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, North Carolina, says that; "It's been estimated that [U.S] $800 or $900 million is lost in business on this day because people will not fly or do business they would normally do." After all of these years I finally took the time to research the origins of Friday the 13th. I was suprised to see that in actuality it is a culmination of several different myths and superstitions. I was interesting reading so check it out here. At least I had the courtesy to wait to late in the day to remind you that it was Friday the 13th. Just a few more hours to go.

No comments: