Friday, June 6, 2008

20/20 Vision At 86

Last Wednesday I got the chance to have an extended visit with my Grandfather. If you noticed, the title of my blog is "My Grandfather's America. One of my original intentions when I created this blog, was to keep one eye on current events, while the other looked on with the perspective of our "greatest generation". It's not out of the ordinary for Pop and myself to discuss what is going on in the world (and the Yankees). At 86 he still dons his glasses, then reads the newspaper and watches cable news faithfully each and every day. So I asked Pop on Wednesday, what he thought about the Democratic Primary now that it was over; sort of. Pop's answer; "That Clinton is a phony, even amongst politicians, she's a phony". Pop went on to express his disbelief that Clinton had not conceded the race to Obama after he achieved the amount of delegates needed to nominate. Pop is not the only one shaking his head about Clinton, days later and she has still not officially conceded the race. I have to respect Pop's opinion. Just think about all of the politicians that he has seen come and go over the years. After all, when Pop was born Warren G. Harding was the President. I think that he hit the nail right on the head. Hillary Clinton most closely resembles the stereotype politician. Even at 86 and wearing glasses, Pop still has 20/20 vision where it counts.

Related Stories:

We Did Not Hate Our Country

We Did Not Have To Struggle Like You Do

No comments: