Monday, June 16, 2008

Poly-Tics As Usual Part V

I am already on the record for supporting Senator John McCain this fall for President. As anybody who has read this blog can tell you, McCain would not been my first choice and I do not agree with everything in his platform. I simply reasoned that McCain is an honorable man who has the right qualities that we need in a President at this time. That is especially true when McCain is compared to Democratic rival Senator Barack Obama. Having said all of that again, it's days like this that make me cringe. Earlier today, I was watching McCain speak at a campaign stop. I felt ill when he mentioned his ridiculous "gas tax holiday" again as a way to combat runaway gas prices. I had hoped that McCain had given up on that idiotic idea. Didn't somebody in his campaign show McCain the polls that revealed what a joke the American people thought the "gas tax holiday" was? McCain's foolish 18.4 cent break on gas gets more and more lame every time gas goes up. With the National average for a gallon of gas well over four bucks now, the 18.4 cents looks even more like a political stunt now than it did before. It also makes McCain appear even more out of touch with the reality of the life of the everyday American. Somebody ought to tell McCain to lose this "gas tax holiday" idea and come up with something better, before it costs him the election. Oh wait, I just told him. I hope he listens.


Related Stories:

Poly-Tics As Usual
Poly-Tics As Usual Part II
Poly-Tics As Usual Part III
Poly-Tics As Usual Part IV

No comments: