Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Have A Drink On Me

The Democratic Primary votes are being counted in the last two States, South Dakota and Montana, as we speak. There is definitely a sense out there that we have turned the next page in the Democratic Primary saga, with Obama expected to lock down the nomination tonight. So I guess I was doing some reflecting about the many long grueling months of campaigning, when a thought occurred to me. One of the lasting images for me in this campaign is Senator Hillary Clinton in an Indiana bar, doing a shot and a beer. Come to think about it, Clinton's campaign stops frequently included Hillary "hitting the sauce" with the locals. Perhaps the pressure of the road just got to her, or she was just adapting to the locals like the political chameleon that she is. At any rate, I am saddened that it might soon all come to an end. On the upside, I can get to some other important tasks and spend little less time blogging with Hillary out of the race. Hell if I run into her in my local watering hole, I might even buy her a drink.

No comments: