Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hillary Say It Isn't So

As I am sitting here working on a few posts, I stumbled across some breaking news that I had to read twice. It seems that Senator Hillary Clinton plans to officially end her campaign for President on Friday. It has been reported through sources that Clinton has told her campaign staff that Friday would be their last day. What is confusing to me is that sources have also said that Clinton will suspend her campaign rather than close it down entirely. By suspending her campaign, Clinton would retain control of her delegates. That does not sound like someone who has conceded the fight to me. I think that Clinton is employing a "rope a dope" tactic. She will lull everybody into thinking it's over, and then mount her attack in Denver this August at the Democratic Convention. We should listen very carefully not only to what Clinton says on Friday, but how she says it as well. The only other possibility is that she is trying to apply leverage to get Obama to pick her for VP, which by the way he would be crazy to do.

1 comment:

Fractalman237 said...

I agree that a Obama/Clinton ticket would be problematic at best. She insists that the 2 of them have more in common than not, but I think she's just saying that because she doesn't want Democrats and Independents to vote Republican in November. As for her suspending the campaign rather than closing it, it's anybody's guess as to her reasoning. That said, I strongly feel that Barack Obama was handed the nomination on a silver platter. If you'd like to read more of my opinion on the matter, visit Progressive Thinker