Thursday, June 12, 2008

Nightmares At 3 A.M.

I have pages upon pages of scribbled notes that I use to write the posts for this blog. Whenever I see something interesting on the news or the web, I jot it down and perhaps it becomes part of my blog. I have one page in particular that could be best described as my random thoughts page. Sometimes those thoughts can be pretty random like the one that I called "3 AM nightmare". When I came across it this morning my original intention sprang back to memory. Do you remember Hillary Clinton's "3 A.M. TV commercial" from a few moths ago? Allow me to refresh your memory with an text excerpt; "It's 3:00am and your children are asleep, there's a phone in the White House, and it's ringing. Something is happening in the world. Your vote will decide who answers that call. Whether someone knows the world's leaders, knows the military, someone tested and ready to lead. It's 3am and your children are safe and asleep. Who do you want answering the phone?". I remember thinking at the time; anybody but Hillary Clinton! Is this common that the White House phone rings in the middle of the night? What about daytime emergencies? Seriously, lets consider the perspective of a Clinton supporter. I can see how Clinton's domestic policy might appeal to them. What I do not understand is how anybody feels "safer" with her in the White House. Clinton claims that she "knows the military". How do you know them, because you met the military? How exactly was Clinton "tested and ready to lead"? In her imagination in Bosnia? So who meets all of those qualifications? Simple answer, John McCain. He's been around awhile so he knows the world's leaders. McCain sure as hell knows the military and he has been tested in a trial that most of us could not endure in Vietnam.

Related Stories:

Hang Up If Clinton Answers At 3 AM

Ode To Hillary Part I

No comments: