Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And The Winner Is...

Democratic Senator and Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton smashed rival Senator Barack Obama yesterday in Kentucky's Democratic Primary. Clinton defeated Obama by a massive 35% in Kentucky yesterday. Last Tuesday in "Does This Mean Anything", I wondered if Clinton's landslide in West Virginia had any implications for the Democrat's Primary. Just like last week, the commentators and pundits seem to be dismissing Clinton's victory in Kentucky as well. She won by a 35% margin this week, and a 41% spread last week. That has me thinking it must be of some significance; but what exactly? In my thinking, it means that Senator Obama has a problem on his hands. There are some voter demographics in which Obama is performing very poorly. If I were Obama, I would be very concerned about the large number of Democratic voters polled, who say they will vote for McCain if Clinton is out of the race. I do not think Clinton wants the number two spot, and Obama probably does not want her there either. Obama may have no choice however, to at least ask Clinton to be his running mate. This way he can hope to retain some of those Clinton supporters. Of course, that assumes that Clinton is finished. I would not turn my back on her.


Related Stories:

I Have That Sinking Feeling

No comments: