Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Now Pronounce You...

The California State Supreme Court ruled that gay marriage is now legal. I say big deal. What exactly is everybody so upset about? Same-sex couples in California will be able to wed in as early as three weeks. That has some people in an uproar. I guess we can understand those with a religious reason for opposing the court's ruling, and we should respect their feelings even if we disagree. Efforts are already underway to amend the State Constitution to ban gay marriage. I have to ask why? I would consider myself to be a fairly conservative person, however I do not oppose, nor am I pro gay marriage. Confused? It's real simple; I just don't give a damn. Gay marriage is about number one million on my list of important things. We have more urgent matters to legislate in this Country than gay marriage. As a divorcee, I must caution our gay brothers and sisters to be careful what they wish for. I will support a Constitutional Amendment to ban marriage. All marriage. Oh come on, lighten up.

Related Stories:

Love And Marriage

We Are Way Too Senstitive

No comments: