Sunday, May 18, 2008

OK, Now I'm Pissed

I think that my position on immigration and the millions of illegal aliens in this Country has been middle of the road. Well, at least it used to be. In the passing months, I have grown weary of the left wing protests and frustrated with our Government that has not done squat about the immigration issue. To put this issue into context, our Government has not done squat about any of the Country's other problems lately either. One of the things that I pointed out in an earlier post titled "Immigration: Losing The Middle Ground", was that some of the protests and actions of immigration supporters are actually counterproductive to their cause. Many Americans like myself, who were moderate in their immigration stance, get angry when immigrants protest waving the flags of other nations, and demand rights in the Country that hosts them illegally. These actions only polarize the people, and do not allow for the compromise that will be necessary to solve this issue. It is getting harder for me to stay in the middle when I am confronted by things that have me mad enough to chew through steel. I have seen comparisons
between the 60's Civil Rights Movement and the illegal immigrant's protests today. That's just plain nuts! Illegal's claim rights in a place they are not supposed to be! They were not brought here and forced into slavery. If you want to immigrate to the United States, then do it through the legal process and there will not be a problem. Then I saw a protest slogan on a sign that read "America is a continent not a country". That pretty much sums up their position. They feel they have a right to be here, and Americans have no right to interfere or set policy in our own Sovereign Nation. This is why so many Americans are angered and anti-immigration. I am becoming one of them.


Related Stories:
Don't Throw Stones If...

Immigration Middle Ground

Sanctuary Policy Kills American

Federal Government's Responsibility

If They Can Do It

No comments: