Thursday, May 29, 2008

Put Down That Pancake

OK, maybe you can have a short stack, but don't' overdo it, because you just can't eat as much as you want. At least that's according to Democratic Senator and Presidential Candidate Barack Obama. Last week Obama said; "We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK". I have been holding back on bashing Obama over these comments because I think he was attempting to get a point across, but expressed his thoughts poorly. I think Obama's point was that with the rising cost of energy, Americans need to take a sober look at their habits for financial as well as environmental reasons. That was pretty good, I should write his speeches. So anybody who has read my blog knows that I agree with his/my statement. The way he expressed the thought was surprising for such an intelligent, well spoken man. The SUV's most people will overlook, but you cannot tell people how much to eat and how to set their thermostats. Are you nuts? Besides, that's a pretty dismal message; we had better leave the table hungry and sweat. It does not sound like the positive politics of hope and change that Obama is supposed to represent. But he is right...this time.

Related Stories:

Divided They Stand

I Suppose He Never Read It?

Check Your Facts

Hold On "Sweetie"

No comments: