Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sign Of The Times

Divorce can be a nasty business, take if from me because I've been there and done that. Recent events have shown us that it can get much worse living in the information age. In what has become known as the "You Tube Divorce", Tricia Walsh-Smith posted a video at the popular online site You Tube, describing her failed marriage's most intimate details. The video has already had three million viewers. Her husband Philip Smith, is the president of the Shubert Organization, the largest theater owner on Broadway. Walsh-Smith claims in posting the embarrassing video; "I did it for survival". She claims that her husband was planning to evict her from their home, and he had already cut off her credit cards. Walsh-Smith also claims that her husband never confronted her with any reason for wanting a divorce. Alright, so he is acting like a jerk, we get it. That is hardly justification for her very public embarrassment of this very public businessman. Being a jerk is not against the law. If that were the case, many ex's would be in jail at this moment. Philip Smith should be awarded damages for what his wife's actions have done to his reputation. I guess that it's just a reality of the age we live in. Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia, used the online encyclopedia to dump his girlfriend Rachel Marsden. Marsden got her revenge by modelling and selling one of Wales t-shirts on eBay. She claims he was wearing it when they met. If these stories have taught us anything, the lesson must be that
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Since I have a Blog let me give it a shot. Honey, I am sorry but it's over (just kidding honey). I suppose that I really do not have enough readers to worry yet.

No comments: