Thursday, May 22, 2008

Two Can Play At That Game

In my very last post, I slammed Senator Hillary Clinton for playing the blame game. Clinton blames the media for having a bias against her, and also the general attitude of sexism prevailing in America. While I agreed with Clinton about the media, I thought the sexism charge was ridiculous. Not to be outdone, Obama decided to get in on the blame game also. Speaking about his defeat in Kentucky, Obama said; "There are a lot of voters who get their news from FOX News. FOX has been pumping up rumors about my religious beliefs or my patriotism or what have you since the beginning of the campaign". I disagree that Fox has been unfair to him, but from his point of view, he has been the media darling for so long that it seems he cannot take any criticism. I see an Obama pattern emerging. He gets asked some tough questions in a debate; he cried that it was unfair. He is sensitive about his weak foreign policy stance; he trumps up charges that President Bush called him an "appeaser". Now he loses big in a few States and obviously has a disconnect with some voters; so he blames Fox News. Not only is Obama NOT the Candidate of change, he has apparently stolen a few pages from the Clinton playbook.

Related Stories:

Learn History's Lessons

Much Ado About Nothing

Check Your Facts

No comments: