Sunday, May 11, 2008

This Is Painful To Admit; Again

In the recent post "This Is Painful To Admit", I gave Democratic Senator and Presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton a rare compliment in the interest of fairness. I simply said that Senator Clinton did a good job last week in her interview on "The O'Reilly Factor", and for once seemed like a down to earth and believable person. I have also stated in other posts, that personally I hope she stays in the race long enough to cause further chaos in the Democratic Party. So when I now say that she should stay in the race, I am not doing it for selfish reasons. Clinton should stay in because she wants to. I think that our political processes should unfold according to the individual Party's rules, not by what the media and pundits think. It seems that Hillary Clinton is being forced out by the media and I take umbrage with that. All of the news coverage that I have seen since the last primaries, is focused on a fall McCain-Obama match up and barely acknowledges that Clinton is still in the race. When they do cover Clinton, they scoff at the fact that she still has a chance. Personally, I do not think she has much of a chance and Obama does deserve the nomination. That is however, for the people of the Democratic Party to decide and not the American news media.

No comments: