Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hold On "Sweetie"

Come on and give me a break already! Looking back at my earlier posts, I have not held back on Senator Obama when I thought he was wrong. On the other side of the coin, I have jumped to his defense when I thought Obama was unfairly attacked. This is one of those times. Recently, Democratic Senator and Presidential Candidate Barack Obama, was at a campaign stop in Detroit, when a local female reporter asked him a question. Obama replied "Hold on a second, sweetie. We'll hold a press avail". Obama called the reporter hours later and apologized saying that he did not mean any disrespect. Oh but that did not stop the election year poo-poo storm. Obama is now being attacked and called sexist for the "sweetie" comment. That's just a load of BS. Obama was just being his charming self. The only offense he is guilty of here is forgetting to watch every little thing that you say on the campaign trail. I am compelled to point out that this incident may be karmic retribution for Obama. After he made such a big deal out of President Bush's "appeasement" statement that was not even directed at Obama, he just might deserve this.

Related Stories:

Much Ado About Nothing

Giving Credit Where Due

No comments: