Sunday, May 11, 2008

Penis Envy

I have been so serious in my recent posts that I decided to blow of a little steam with a humorous story. While this story was funny at first glance, I feel strangely uncomfortable after a full read. Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises. Ouch, and hence the discomfort (you guys out there know what I mean). Get this, reports of penis snatching are not uncommon in West Africa, where many still believe in the dark arts. Alleged victims claimed that sorcerers simply touched them to make their genitals shrink or disappear. That begs the question, why are you letting a sorcerer touch you twig and berries? In an interview, a local Police Chief said; "But when you try to tell the victims that their penises are still there, they tell you that it's become tiny or that they've become impotent. To that I tell them, 'How do you know if you haven't gone home and tried it?" (Please feel free to insert your own joke here)

No comments: